- Approvals : AS1530.4
- Box Quantity : 12
- Colour : Dark Grey
- Density : 1300kg per meter cubed
- Single Units : Yes
- Size : 310ml
- Unique, proven high – performance penetration sealant
- High pressure 40x expansion rate
- Closes down plumbing and HVAC pipes
- 2 hours fire resistance on cables and pipes
- Approved to be use on pipe insulation lagging and refrigerant pipe
- Approved on masonry, Hebel, plasterboard and Speedpanel/Speedwall
FireMastic – HPE is a graphite – based, thixotropic, one – part acrylic emulsion that is designed to resist the passage of fire and smoke. Under heat, FireMastic – HPE will expand with enough pressure to close PVC pipes and seal around cables and metal pipes to maintain the integrity and insulation performance of the seal, yet without placing any unnecessary pressure on the building substrate.
FireMastic – HPE is supplied in 310 ml cartridges suitable for caulking via an applicator gun or also available in 600ml foil sausages . It has excellent non – slump properties coupled with the ease of application due to its water – based nature.
The sealant is intended for use in either linear gap seals or service penetrations through walls or floors where fi re integrity and insulation needs to be preserved. Under fire conditions the product expands up to 40 times its volume and exerts pressure to the surrounding substrates, leading to closure of the penetration. The integrity and insulation is then maintained by the stability of the remaining product char.
FireMastic – HPE is the leader in its class with the highest expansion rate for an intumescent sealant and tested on the largest pipe sizes.
Product Applications & Advantages
- Sealing combustible and non – combustible penetrations.
- Closing down plumbing & HVAC pipes.
- Sealing around metal pipes with insulated lagging remaining on the pipe.
- Sealing of cables, including cable bunches.
- Suitable for use in irregular applications.
- Excellent insulation properties.
- Easy clean up with water and odourless.
- Long life and paintable.
- Provides smoke and gas seal.
- Approved on a wide range of masonry, Hebel /AAC and plasterboard applications.
|Description||Aqueous thixotropic paste|
|Application temperature||+5°C to 30°C|
|Expansion onset temperature||120°C – 140°C|
|Expansion||Up to 40 times|
|Skin time||15 minutes @ 25° C/50%RH|
|Shelf life||18 months when unopened|
|pH||8 – 9|
|Testing||AS 1530, BS/ EN 1366 , ISO 6944|
FireMastic – HPE has multiple international fire tests o n a wide variety of pipe types, including:
- PVC, HDPE, ABS, PP pipes through floors and walls to BS/EN 1366
- PVC, cPVC, HDPE, PEX and PEX – AL to AS 1530.4
- Cables and cable bundles to AS 1530.4 and BS/EN 1366
- HVAC & Refrigerant pipes and cluster of pipes to both AS 1530.4 and BS/EN 1366
FireMastic – HPE provides solutions for these typical services:
- Plumbing pipes, including uPVC, uPVC – DVW, PEX, HDPE
- Sprinkler & Pressure pipe, including cPVC / Blazemaster / Spears
- Gas pipes, including PEX – AL & Copper
- Steel/Ferrous Pipes
- HVAC & Refrigerant Pipes including lagged copper and paircoil. Including 1 – sided solutions.
- NBN Cable, NBN Conduit , Data Conduit and Fibre Optic Cable. Including 1 sided solutions.
- Cables and bunches of cables
- Paircoil Clusters of Insulated HVAC Copper Pipes, Conduit and Cables
- uPVC Conduits & Pipes
Refrigerant Pipe Lagging
FireMastic – HPE has been tested on a wide variety of pipe lagging types, including fire rated, flame resistent and also non – rated (fully combustible). These lagging types include nitrile rubber, foam, mineral wool and composite materials in black, grey and white lagging.
Brands of lagging include (but not limited to):
- As well as some generic branded lagging.
FireMastic – HPE has passed fire tests on all these insulation types, with similar results achieved regardless of material, brand or colour. For that reason, when selecting a paircoil type to use, the lagging type, brand or colour is generic to the performance of FireMastic – HPE in a fire situation, and FireMastic – HPE can be used with all the types & brands listed above.
This may not be the case with other competitor brands of expanding sealants, as lesser performing products will require the flame retarding properties of fire rated lagging (eg. FR Armaflex) to assist in the overall FRL of the pipe penetration seal. More information on this can be gained by contacting BOSS Technical Services Team.