- Box Quantity : 1
- Density : 1.3kg per meter cubed
- Fire Rating : 2 Hour
- Single Units : Yes
- Width (mm) : 60
UniWrap® is an intumescent composition based on elastomeric thermoplastic polymers, binders and designed to provide high volume expansion and pressure seal. The product is fir e tested to multiple international Standards giving a f ire resistance of up to 4 hours, including EN1366 – 3 to – /120/120.
The pipes tested include PVC, Polypropylene, MDPE, HDPE, and HPPE up to a size of 200mm diameter pipes through concrete / blockwork floors and walls.
- Tested in Block Wall, Concrete and Masonry.
- Tested in Concrete Floors.
- Tested in large service openings up to 250 x 150mm.
- Tested with Plastic Pipes – PVC, Polypropylene, MDPE, HDPE and HPPE.
- Causes no known effects to plastic pipes, plastic cables, sheathing or metallic components.
- Contributes to Green Building.
- Shelf life of 5 years.
- Suitable for wall and floor installation.
- The product is based on a thermoplastic composite and is therefore non – toxic.
- Halogen free, contains no asbestos, ceramic, mineral fibres and is environmentally friendly.
- Not affected by fungus, vermin or rodents.
- Remains flexible between – 40oC to +130oC, long life and is easy to use.
|Pipe Diameter||28mm, 32mm, 55mm, 63mm, 75mm, 82mm, 90mm, 110mm, 125mm, 160mm or 200mm|
|Thickness (Nominal)||4mm up to 63mm, 6mm up to 110mm & 10mm thereafter|
|Volume Expansion at 300°C||25 times|
|Fire Resistance||2 hours|
- Ensure the aperture for the pipe size has adequate annular gap for UniWrap® to be installed. Insert the pipe into the aperture.
- Using the measurements on the side of UniWrap ® box, cut the UniWrap® to the correct length to wrap fully around the pipe. Check the UniWrap® Configuration table for the number of layers required, depending on your pipe size.
- Wrap the UniWrap® around the pipe, securing to itself via the double sided tape. For a simpler installation ensure the double sided tape does not stick the UniWrap® to the pipe itself.
- Place additional layer(s) of wrap around the pipe if required, depending on your pipe size.
- Secure again with adhesive tape.
- Push the UniWrap® into the annular gap between the wall opening and the pipe. Adjust the position of the wrap so that the edge is central within the wall or floor surface.
- Seal over the top of the annular gap with FireMastic – 300 Sealant to a depth of 5mm. Smooth the finish with a small trowel or by hand. FireMastic – 300 can be cleaned up with water.
- Maintain record of installation.