- Approvals : AS1530.4(2005)
- Dimensions : 1200 x 600 x 50mm
- Pack Quantity : 1
- Single Units : Yes
- Up to 56.1dB sound reduction
- Low cost & highly efficient method of fire stopping
- Provides up to 4 hours fire and smoke barrier
- Long life and easy storage
- Suitable for large openings in floor and walls
- Approved to AS1530.4(2005)
Bulkhead Batt is designed to provide simple and effective compartmentalisation and fire stopping in walls and floors.
It consists of high-density mineral fibre batt with an ablative fire resistant coating which can be used in conjunction with other high performance fire protection products to provide excellent thermal and acoustic insulation. The Bulkhead Batt prevents the passage of fire and smoke between compartment walls and floors whilst still allowing the insulation of services.
At normal temperatures, the Bulkhead Batt installed with FireMastic-300®fire rated sealant remains flexible enough to permit thermal and mechanical movement of services. Both products are unaffected by oil, fungus, moisture and contain no halogens or asbestos.
Bulkhead Batts are suitable for use in any building which has single or multiple services penetrating fire rated compartment walls and floors.
Typical installations are:
- Retail stores and shopping centres
- Commercial buildings
- Power stations
- Factories and industrial applications
- Office fit-outs
Bulkhead Batts are approved to AS1530.4:2005 Report No FAR3823, offering up to -/240/90 FRL; and Report No FAR3921 to -/120/120 FRL. They also carry approvals for EN1366 and BS476. Bulkhead Batts remain one of the simplest and most cost-effective fire stopping methods available.