- Box Quantity : 1
- Outer Diameter : 100mm
- Single Units : Yes
BOSS FyreBox Cable Transits are designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke from one compartment to another where electrical, data and comms cables penetrate through separating walls and floors.
The FyreBox mounting flange provides a quick and easy method of installing single or multiple Cable Transits, even in Drywall partitions. The unique design means FyreBox Cable Transits do not need mechanical fixings. By banking various flanges together, up to 6 Cable transits can be installed alongside each other, providing Fire Rated penetrations for multiple cables and sizes, and all with changeability for future additions or alterations. The unit has a hinged split body which provides an easy retro – fit option where cables are pre – installed.
How Does it Work?
The FyreBox Cable Transits consist of a steel sleeve containing heat reactive intumescent polymer. Cables and pipes are placed inside the FyreBox and set into place in the wall or ceiling. In a fire situation, the intumescence reacts to the heat and rapidly expands, sealing the cable sleeve and preventing the passage of fire and smoke.
Why Use BOSS Fyrebox Cable Transits?
- Approved to AS1530.4, AS4072.1 and EN1366.3
- Manufactured under ISO 9001:2000
- Corrosion resistant – ideal for aggressive environments
- Certification for a wide range of cables
- Available in a range of practical sizes
- Quick and easy to install – provides flexible cable routing
- Can be re-used repeatedly for additions and alterations to cabling
- Each unit is suitable for both cast-in or retro-fit applications
- Can easily be identified and located as a building’s approved path of services
Suitable for any building where electrical, data or communication cables penetrate a fire rated wall or floor.
- Telecom sub stations
- TV & media studios
- Financial institutions
- Apartment buildings
- Retail Centres
- Computer rooms & data centres
- Commercial office buildings
An array of installation sizes and configurations are available. Where square Cable Transits are used, banking and multiplication of flanges creates additional capacity for larger cable installation.